Support the Chef de Partie by preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Conducting on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintaining a record of progress for each staff member.
- Providing input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensuring new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Preparing induction programs for new employees and allocating sufficient time for their implementation.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years kitchen experience
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- A high standard of spoken Italian & English.
- Valid EU passports for more than six months.
- Salary Offers Range : €1900
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5