As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
Responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A high standard of spoken Italian & English.
- Effective Communication, Supervising People, Teamwork.
- Valid EU passports for more than six months.
- Salary Offers Range : €3900
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10