We are seeking a motivated Restaurant Supervisor to work alongside the General Manager and together working as a team, you will help to support this growing business. You must be keen to share your wealth of knowledge through training and guidance of staff as well as the general duties that come with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Restaurant Manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising,
counseling and disciplining outlet staff.
• Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all Capella standards and
steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
• Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are
being completed each shift.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Ensure staffing levels for all outlets are accurate based on hotel and outlet business
levels. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating
pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice,
listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel
activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
• Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are in place and are in
compliance with Federal, state, local and Capella’s own practices. (e.g. ServSafe,
• Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed
on a daily basis.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve
problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice,
coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant
such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant
Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods,
beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
• Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to move up to 100 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift lifter objects overhead. The transporting,
moving, lifting, and/or stacking of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and
employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to
defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
• Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
• Meet governmental health requirements.
A high standard of spoken Italian & English.
Valid EU passports for more than six months.
- Salary Offers Range : €2800
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10